Computer Science Degree Program
Our Computer Science major is for you if you enjoy working with computers and have an interest in programming. Through this major, you will develop the skills you need to turn your passion for technology into an in-demand profession.
About Our Computer Science Degree Program
The Computer Science major will build your analytical, communication, and problem-solving skills as you learn to investigate how computer systems function. You will develop skills to prepare you for this ever-evolving field by taking classes focusing on database technologies, programming languages, and hardware and software.
As a CMU Computer Science major, you will have opportunities to:
- strengthen your critical thinking and analytical skills during hands-on classes with focuses in networking, application programming, computing systems, databases, and software packages
- develop a broad understanding of computer languages and build an in-demand skill set that prepares you for careers in business or industry
- evaluate and review systems, diagnose problems, and establish solutions
- Bachelor of Arts in Computer Science - Fayette Campus, Online / Statewide
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science - Fayette Campus, Online / Statewide
- a minor in Computer Science is available - Fayette Campus, Online / Statewide
Admission Requirements for Computer Science Majors
Admission to CMU is selective. Our admission staff carefully reviews and evaluates each application on an individual basis. Please review all requirements prior to applying for admission.