Marine Biology Degree Program
The ocean is an incredible place – home to interesting species and unique mysteries waiting to be discovered. Marine biology students at CMU prepare for successful and exciting careers while learning about life sciences and exploring the marine world, both in the classroom and during hands-on ocean experiences.
- Fayette, MO Residential campus
About This Program
Marine biology is a broad subject area that covers the fields of marine invertebrate and vertebrate zoology, marine toxicology, chemistry, oceanography, marine biology, and coral reef ecology. As a marine biology major, you will participate in cutting edge research, utilize the living-laboratory, and practice your knowledge on field experiences off the coast.
As a CMU Marine Biology major, you will have opportunities to:
- visit unique places where marine life can be studied, such as research labs and aquatic centers in Missouri, across the country, and internationally
- develop enhanced skills while using SCUBA equipment, underwater cameras, video editing software, sonar, marine vessels, and microscopes
- become proficient in researching, calculating and tabulating information, compiling data, and presenting findings pertaining to marine life
- be prepared for in-demand careers in biology, oceanography, marine and plant ecology, toxicology, and much more
- supplement lectures with field experiences to Dauphin Island, Alabama; Panama City Beach, Florida; and Roatan, Honduras
- earn your Open Water SCUBA certification
- form lasting relationships with other marine biology majors through our Marine Biology Club
- Bachelor of Arts in Marine Biology - Fayette Campus
- Bachelor of Science in Marine Biology - Fayette Campus
- Minor in Marine Biology - Fayette Campus
Other CMU Biology-Related Programs:
- Environmental Science
- Middle School Education - Science Certification
- Secondary Education - Biology Certification
Admission to CMU is selective. Our admission staff carefully reviews and evaluates each application on an individual basis. Please review all requirements prior to applying for admission.