Music Ministry Degree Program
The Bachelor of Music in Music Ministry is a professional degree designed to help students develop the skills and knowledge to pursue careers as worship leaders, performers, and creative/music directors in the Christian faith. Taught in CMU's renowned Swinney Conservatory of Music, the program offers a rigorous curriculum along with practical experience in leading worship, performance, organizational skills, pastoral/congregational duties, and more.
Music Ministry Degree Program Offering
This program is offered at the following location:
About This Program
Students in the Music Ministry major take much of the traditional coursework that Music Education or Music Performance majors would take, with the addition of specialized classes in commercial music styles, music technology, music business, musical leadership, and Bible studies.
As a CMU Music Ministry major, you will have opportunities to:
- study in three performance areas – voice, guitar, and keyboard – with rigorous traditional study in your primary area
- travel, perform, and lead worship in a variety of settings as a member of the CMU Worship Band, which is open to both majors and non-majors
- complete an internship with a cooperating church before graduating
Other CMU Music Programs:
- Education - Instrumental or Vocal Certification
- Music Performance - Vocal or Keyboard
- Master of Music Education
Admission to CMU is selective. Our admission staff carefully reviews and evaluates each application on an individual basis. Please review all requirements prior to applying for admission.
Students will interview and audition with a Swinney Conservatory faculty member, usually during a campus visit. Materials may include All-District or All-State audition music, solos or etudes. Students may also be asked to sight-read or perform scales.